Organizations and Informational Links
- APICS—The American Production and Inventory Control Society.
- WERC—The Warehouse Education and Research Council
- ASQ—The American Society for Quality
- IIE—Institute of Industrial Engineers
- ISM—Institute for Supply Management
- AIM—The Association for Automatic Identification and Data Capture Technologies
- Uniform Code Council Establishes and promotes multi-industry standards for product identification and related electronic communication. Info on bar code symbologies, compliance labeling, EPC, XML.
- GS1 Establishes global standards for data capture and communications.
- AIAG—Automotive Industry Action Group
- Auto-ID Center This is a partnership of businesses and universities working towards a set of RFID standards.
- AIDC 100 This is a not-for-profit organization of AIDC professionals. Very interesting reading on their Opinions Page.
- Frontline Solutions Info on bar code, RFID, Voice, wireless, and other data collection technologies.
- Supply Chain Systems Info on bar code, RFID, Voice, wireless, and other data collection technologies.
- Supply Chain Technology News
- Integrated Solutions
- Parcel Shipping and Distribution
- Operations & Fulfillment
- DC Velocity
- Progressive Distributor
- Modern Materials Handling
- Material Handling Management
- Transportation and Distribution
- Speech Technology Magazine
- APICS The Performance Advantage
- Industrial Engineer
- InventorOps.com This is my original website. Information related to inventory management, material handling, and warehouse operations.
- Inventory Control Forum General inventory management site.
- BarCode 1 A very good site for bar code information
- Bar Code Basics From System ID
- BarcodeFAQ From ID Automation
- VoicePicking.com Site focusing on using voice technology in order picking.
- RFID Journal If you have a serious interest in RFID, I suggest checking out the RFID Journal. The site has a great FAQ page, RFID glossary, and detailed vendor listing. Some of the content (articles, case studies) requires paid subscription.
- Intelligent Data Acquisition Technologies Provides an intro to AIDC and related white papers.
- Industrial Data & Information Inc. White papers and resources related to logistics software.
- High Tech Services Technical information on automation.
- HowStuffWorks "How UPC Bar Codes Work" Nice tutorial on UPC bar code
- HowStuffWorks "How RFID Smart Labels Work"
- MobileInfo.com Information on wireless technologies.
Problem Solving / Root Cause Analysis
I mentioned in the book that there are a lot of resources available for problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Problem Solving Books This is my recommended reading list of some easy to read books covering problems solving and root cause analysis.
- FreeQuality.org Excellent collection of downloadable documents, charts, and software. And, it's all free.
- John Grout's Mistake-Proofing Center. Great site focusing on mistake proofing. Make sure you check out the poka yoke page.
- Frontline Expo Frontline Expo is the premier conference and expo on bar coding, RFID, Voice, and other auto-ID technologies. I was somewhat disappointed with the most recent show that seemed to be smaller and missing some of the biggest players. Most notably, neither Symbol Technologies nor Zebra Technologies was at the 2004 show.