Development Tools and Software for Portable Computers.
These include "no programming" program generators, terminal emulation software, RF communications software, and screen mapping utilities. Some of these products only work with certain devices, make sure you check the specs. Most manufacturers of portable industrial computers will have some type of program generation software available for their devices. Functionality varies significantly between products.
- RFgen Data collection development tools. Integration with portable RF computers and compliant host databases. RFgen is not brand-dependant and therefore integrates with devices from various manufacturers. Now offers ERP integration tools for SAP and JD Edwards.
- Symbol's MCL Collection Application development software for Symbol portable computers.
- Teklinx Application development software.
- ITScriptNet Application development software from Hand Held Products.
- Intermec Development tools for Intermec devices.
- Infoscan's Dynamic Enabler Application development software.
- QuikTrac Application development software.
- Zephyr Terminal emulation with screen mapping capabilities.
- Stay-Linked Server-based terminal emulation
Data formatting tools used with bar code scanners, scales, and other input devices.
An option to using a physical keyboard wedge interface, data formatiing software products allow scanned input (usually through a serial port) to be formatted and sent to applications or directly to a file.
- Taltech Winwedge, TCP-Wedge, BC-Wedge software
- MicroRidge WedgeLink software
- Wasp Bar Code WaspComm software